Menu

Summer 2010

Forty eight students from fifteen schools and colleges across London applied to take part in Animating Art History 2010:

• St Charles Catholic Sixth Form
  • City and Islington College
  • Hackney Community College
  • Sir George Monoux College
  • Capital City Academy
  • The College of North East London
  • Richmond upon Thames College
  • St Ignatius College

Students

• Arabella
    • I am currently studying first year National BTEC Diploma in Fine Art at Richmond upon Thames College. I am continuing on to study in my second year. From the Animating Art History course, I have learnt new skills which I have enjoyed as it was something I had never experienced before.
  • Adam
    • I have just finished my first year of college studying a BTEC National Diploma in Art and Design. I will continue my second year where I will specialize in fine art. This course has been educational and I have attained several new skills, which I have enjoyed thoroughly.
  • Luke
    • I am currently studying Art at A-level. Animating Art History has allowed me to experiment with new materials and learn new skills. Before I started the course I was only concentrating on fine art but the course has shown me new elements to art, it has also widened my knowledge on how and why a painting was produced.
  • Alex
    • Hi, I’m Alex and I’m studying double A-level art and A2 media studies at St Charles’. I was really impressed with the teaching and the support by the lecturers. And I would have to definitely say that doing Animating Art History allowed me to figure out that I was more interested in fine art animation rather than my previous specialism, illustration. Not to mention, I’ve learned a lot which has boosted my history of art.
  • Amalea
    • I study Art, English Literature and Psychology A-levels at Capital City Academy. I would like to go on to study psychology at university. I enjoyed researching the pictures and discovering new and interesting things. I also enjoyed learning how to use the new computer programmes, especially the rostrum camera.
  • Feriha
    • I am studying Art and Design BTEC National Diploma at Saint George Monoux, this also includes photography and media. In media we study animation, which lead to me having an interest in this course. I also wanted to expand my artistic knowledge and explore other areas in this topic. Through this course I have learnt to use animation methods and have gained a better understanding of the course content. I really enjoyed the course and was very lucky to be able to work with a great team of people. This course was a great experience.
  • Champagne
    • I study BTEC National Diploma level 3 in Art and Design. I am currently studying to be a costume and set designer, and an actor. I have always had a passion for moving image, animation and film so taking this course really helped in furthering my knowledge in the field. I am really glad I took this course as I love animation and I have always wanted to produce my own creation one day. I have made a lot of new friends and learnt a lot of new skills that will aid me in the future.
  • Sharon
    • I am currently studying BTEC National Diploma level 3 in Art and Design at St Charles Catholic Sixth Form College. During my second year of this course I would like to choose the animation pathway. I think this Animating Art History short course has really given me a taster and the opportunity to explore creativity. Over the ten weeks of this course I was able to learn ten new, very different ways of animating, which I feel will really benefit me as I progress with my second year of college. I really enjoyed participating in this course and I feel it has given me a head start into my future career.
  • Shoeb
    • I am currently doing a BTEC in Games Development at Conel College. I am planning on taking a gap year after which I am hoping to study Animation at university. Over the course I have most enjoyed learning the techniques and skills of Animation, especially hand drawn parts and using after effects and Photoshop.
  • Haya
    • I am a first year at Richmond College studying a BTEC National Diploma in Art and Design. I had never tried animation before so this was really interesting and I could use these new techniques in graphic design. This course has made art history more interesting than the contextual studies we do at college.
  • Terry
    • I’m studying BTEC ND Art & Design at Hackney Community College
  • Jordan
    • I am also a first year studying a BTEC National Diploma in Art and Design at Richmond College. I hadn’t experienced animation either. This course has been a great experience, I’ve really enjoyed learning new things and animation is something I could consider doing in the future.
  • Zoe
    • I have been studying at C H College for 2 years with a year to go. I study art and design National Diploma. I was never really interested in animation, I joined this short course simply to try something new. But as I started learning about animation and art history I have really enjoyed it and think all my new knowledge will help me in the future.
  • Irena
    • My name is Irena and I am a student at City and Islington College studying for a National Diploma in Art and Design. My aim is to get into university and do a degree in fashion or business. I joined this course because I am very open for new things and animation was something I had not tried before. I do not regret my choice because I learnt things I never knew about. It was really fun and an amazing experience.
  • Jahkeeta
    • I have just completed studying Computer Games Development at the College of Haringey, Enfield and North East London over two years. I will be starting a 3D Games Art course at Hertfordshire university in September. I find Animation incredibly fun. At school we focus on 3D Animation so I have found this to be a very good opportunity to broaden my skills.
  • David
    • I’m currently studying AS Level Art and Design at Capital City Academy in Brent
  • Kristian
    • I have just completed my second year at Conel College, studying Computer Games Development. This coming academic year I am going to be doing a Level three Art Foundations course, after which I hope to go to university. I have found this course greatly enjoyable, as it is a great way of expanding our knowledge about animation and art as well as its history. It is also a great way of improving our animation skills and techniques.
  • Shanika
    • I am a first year student studying BTEC National Diploma Art and Design at City and Islington College. I do art history as part of my course, but this is my first time doing animation. I liked learning new animation techniques such as the rostrum camera and After Effects.
  • Cham
    • I’m currently studying first year of a BTEC National Diploma in Art and Design at City and Islington College. I have enjoyed being part of this course, learning different skills and techniques which will be useful for my future.
  • Nathan
    • I’m studying BTEC ND Media Studies at Sir George Monoux College in Waltham Forest.